“Who am I? There’s a sign on the front that says ‘Lou’s Tavern’. I’m fuckin’ Lou. Who the fuck are you?”
I had one of my dreams again last night. Maybe I’ve never mentioned it, but I have reoccuring dreams all the time. Maybe once a week if I can remember my dreams it was one I’d had before, or a variation of one I’d had before.
Last night was the Ocean Dream. I started off at a movie theater. We were supposed to be going to see some movie, which I can’t remember right now anyway. A girl I’ve never met in real life was with me. She’s in a lot of my dreams…. I never see her face but I can tell its always her. The problem was we’d forgotten the tickets. The theater was near a beach, so I said I knew a shortcut back home.
And that’s where it repeats. Almost. I take her and we head down toward the shore. We walk along the water for a ways, it feels like a half an hour in my dream until finally we reach the end of the shoreline… from here there’s a huge mountain of rocks in our way…. we can go around, swim around, or try to go over. But I’ve been here before… I know the way through. We start walking along the rocks, until I find a small opening… we squeeze through and find a tunnel, all cold and dark with only bits of sunshine peaking through the rocks. We walk a ways, and I know we’re walking under the beach.
Eventually we get out of the tunnel on the other side of the mountain and we’re at an uninhabited part of the beach. There’s no where to walk here, the rocks come straight up to the water, so we have to walk along the rocks, almost slipping, sometimes going into the water for a bit around some steeper rocks. I have to brush aside small little crabs, and birds and wade through schools of fish, all the while joking with her… she’s never seen the beach like this before, all natural and untainted.
After what feels like hours in my dream, we get past the rocks and into the sand again, and there’s another tunnel, surrounded by trees, like in Torrey Pines, where the trees come almost up to the ocean. We head into the tunnel, which looks like it hasn’t been used in years and climb up and down stairs and ladders and deeper underground. Eventually this small tunnel lets out into a bigger tunnel, where I can feel a draft. I tell her we’re almost home and my point of view alters. I see us kiss, but even from this vantage point I still can’t see her face. We head down the tunnel which leads to a set of stairs leading up to the surface, and we’re home.
“I dub thee Sir Fucking of Obvious!”
Sorry. Saw it on /., had to share.
Ah. Since my previous post was so full of unhappiness, I figured I’d add in some good stuff.
- only one fish died in the move (which is pretty impressive)
- I found out how to get my iBook’s airport dhcp working after having it sleep. turns out I told it to check the modem for an internet connection before airport, so turning off the internal modem made it work
- a big thank you to those of you who helped us pack. as long as it took us to move, it would have been even longer without your help. Chris, you totally stepped up and helped out… me and mollie are totally thankful for your help.
- I have tons of plans for the new apartment… involving wireless connections, and Computer-TV-mp3 jukeboxes. :oD
- there’s probably more, but I’m getting tired of sitting in my unix class doing stuff I could be doing at home, so thats all for now.
So. In case you didn’t know, I moved. New home, new frontpage!
So much shit has happened in the past two weeks….
- getting stuck with only Mollie and I to move our entire apartment to the new apartment starting at 10 pm, going til 5 am in the rain the entire time
- not finishing it until the next day costings us an extra $50 for the uhaul
- needing to come up with $700 in 24 hours
- mollie getting in an accident and having her front bumper torn off
- not having the proper key to the front door of the new place for 3 days
- mollie’s car being deemed unworth fixing by the insurance company so we had to put everything in her car in a box in my car
- having my car broken into and the aforementioned box (which includes account information, SSN’s, checkbooks, textbooks, and lots of her sentimental things), my car reg/insurance info, and my dad’s christmas present from thinkgeek all stolen
- taking mollie to an urgent care center at 2 in the morning
- Tyler managing to open our screen door and get out … thankfully coming back a few hours later.
I think we’ll just leave our first post of this page at that.